Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Couple Runs at a New Park

The few runs I've done from my new house were on trails behind a huge sports complex out in the woods. My wife had a nightmare that I was killed by a bunch of gang members selling drugs on those trails so I chose to go running at a nearby park instead so she wouldn't worry about me and go back to sleep. It turns out the park is exactly one mile around, so I'm thankful I went for a run at the park.

Today I ran two miles in 20 minutes and 51 seconds. Pretty slow, but it felt good. Yesterday I ran for 30 minutes, and probably covered 2.5+ miles. My plan is to start doing 3 miles every weekday morning, and a longer run on Saturday with Sunday as a rest day. Let's see if I can do it! I already have two running spots recorded and ready to play in the next 6 Goals podcast episode. It's been FOREVER since I recorded a 6 Goals episode because it's been forever since I have gone running. Hopefully that's all going to change now and I will be a consistant runner. I'm curious what that would like like so I'm going to make a little table right here to see:

Running Schedule
Day Distance
Monday 3 Miles
Tuesday 3 Miles
Wednesday 3 Miles
Thursday 3 Miles
Friday 3 Miles
Saturday 5 Miles
Sunday Rest Day
Total 20 Miles

20 miles a week. Not much, but it's a start. I'm still just going to try and hit my 6 miles a week goal, but I'll be keeping this table in mind. I started late this week on Tuesday - it was the first day of preschool for my son and seemed like a nice time to start a new habit - of running. It looks like if I just go on one more run this week I will at least hit my 6 miles a week goal so that is something I'm proud of! Check back next Monday for the latest 6 Goals podcast episode to hear all about it, and thanks for stopping by!

Here's the stats:

2.0 miles in 20:51 minutes - 9/5/12

2.5+ miles in 30:00 minutes - 9/6/12

No comments:

Post a Comment