Friday, July 15, 2011

My Best Run Yet

I went for a really nice 3.2 mile run four times around the park yesterday with my dog. Right off the bat I felt great and ran the first loop at 7:14 minutes, faster than ever before, so I knew I was running at a good pace. Ever since high school, when I ran track and cross country, I've wanted to run a race again. I figured a 5K was about all I could handle in my pudgy out of shape state. I wanted to wait until I thought I could at least break a half hour in one of these races. Well, yesterday's run proved to me that if I keep running consistently, then it should be no problem by the time I get into a race to break 30 minutes for a 5K. Now if I can just get back to my high school times of breaking 17 minutes :) It will take a lot of work and a long time to get back there.

Here's the stats:
3.2 miles in 30:30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment