Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Run Indoors

I went for a run last night on a treadmill in a hotel workout room. My goal was to run 3 miles. It took me forever though, because I set the pace below 5 miles an hour for most of the run. I noticed most of the way through that I wasn't breathing nearly as hard as I do when I run outside. Also when I looked down at my feet I could tell that I wasn't running as fast as my normal pace. I punched it up to 6 miles per hour near the end of the run and that got my blood pumping. I hate running on treadmills - it's not natural. Staying in the same spot for that long is weird while running, and when I get off I have a strange sensation like I'm moving forward really fast while walking slow. I don't like it. I realized another thing that can be good or bad about running on treadmills - it sets the speed for you instead of you listening to your body. This can be good to push you, but I notice in parts of my run that I go slower and faster through the run. I'm not sure which is better.

Here's the stats:
3.0 miles in 36:00 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment