Sunday, April 17, 2011

My First Run & First Sketch

Sketch 01
I went for my first run today. It felt great, but I am very out of shape. I have a 2.2 mile loop that I usually run, but it has a long steep hill and today I just wanted to ease into it. I'm running low on sleep because we just had a baby three days ago; I'm sure those who've brought home a newborn can relate. We got back from the hospital yesterday, and both need to catch up on sleep desperately. My wife is doing well, and our beautiful little baby is too. For those wondering we had a boy. He was born on the 14th of April at 6 lbs 13 oz and 20 in long. We can't get over what a blessing he is. He is as cute as they come, and very sweet. Anyways, the drawing to the right is my first sketch, and I'm going to use it whenever I post about running. It's a drawing of my running shoes, with a few changes here and there. As for my first run, I can tell I'm going to be a little sore in the legs and back; I'm glad I took it easy today. I'm on my way to 6 miles for the week as I start this next project to get healthy, read my bible consistently, and produce more writing and art.

Here's the stats:
1.7 miles in 20:22 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment